Sunday, December 4, 2011

6. How have you tried to effect change in relation to an issue of personal, local, or national significance?

One national issue that I have tried to reverse is hunger in third world countries. Although donations of around ten dollars a month may not seem like much, it goes toward a good cause. I choose to donate in order to minimize the hunger in children and adults anywhere whom are forced to face the harsh realities of not having the needed amount of food in order to obtain healthy lives. Coming for a society where hunger is not a huge issue, we sometimes forget about the people around the rest of the world where resources are scarce compared to ours. However, it gives me a great feeling each time I donate to know that the little amount of money I give is going into the tummys of those who need it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment