Thursday, December 1, 2011

16. Explain a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dillema you have faced and its impact on you.

Risks are essential to every human's life in order to make dreams come true. Throughout my high school career, I made the decision to take advanced placement classes. While encouraged by family and friends that I belonged in these classes, I continued to believe that my academic abilities were not strong enough to carry on. As the same thought continued to cross my mind through each AP class, two weeks in, I began to notice that the material being taught was not as difficult as I had previously expected. . Then I realized, I bet all the other students in these classes must be just as terrified as I was. I fit right in with all my peers. As I went from freshman to sophmore and sophmore to junior I became more confident and knew that I am capable to achieve anything in life, and taking risks is the first step in doing so. Yes, there were many challenges, but with hard work these can easily be overcomed. Not only have advanced classes taught me much needed information, it has also taught me many life lessons as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment